We’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be hosting our first major restaurant event, The Main Street Strong Restaurant Conference, on October 8, 2020. With support from the National Restaurant Association, and featuring keynote speakers Chef Stephanie Izard and Chef Tanya Holland, this virtual event will bring together a community of restaurant leaders to collaborate with, learn from, and inspire one another.
The full impact of COVID-19 on local restaurants has yet to be realized, and DoorDash is here to support our restaurant partners and help them grow during this time. In addition to ensuring we are providing the best tools and technologies, we want to provide a sense of community for our partners – and this event will provide a forum for restaurant owners to learn directly from each other.
The all-day event will feature keynotes, multiple tracks with breakout sessions, and round table discussions all designed to help restaurants navigate an extraordinary crisis. Topics will cover both on-premise and off-premise operations, with an emphasis on operating through COVID, new restaurant legislation and policy, and reopening safely.
Keynote speakers include:
Chef Stephanie Izard:
- Executive Chef/Partner of Girl & the Goat, Little Goat, Duck Duck Goat, and Cabra
- James Beard Winner, “Best Chef: Great Lakes” (2013)
- Food & Wine “Best New Chef 2011”, Winner
- Food Network’s Iron Chef Gauntlet (Season 1) and Bravo’s Top Chef (Season 4)
Chef Tanya Holland:
- Chef & Restaurateur, Brown Sugar Kitchen
- Cookbook Author, Brown Sugar Kitchen Cookbook and New Soul Cooking
- Podcast Host, Tanya’s Table
With featured speakers:
Tony Xu, CEO at DoorDash
Tony Morano, Prince Street Pizza
and Chef David Nayfeld, Che Fico
….and more to come!
Event registration is coming soon. Sign up to be the first to register and learn more about our Main Street Strong Conference on the conference website.