For the past two years, DoorDash created a virtual forum where merchant partners were able to glean valuable operator insights from industry experts at the Main Street Strong Restaurant Conference. One of the key pieces of attendee feedback from across the years is that connecting face-to-face with other operators would be invaluable, as sharing insights with one another from personal experience is crucial to both on- and off-premise success.
To continue evolving alongside the industry, we’re proud to unveil The Main Street Summit: Los Angeles as the next iteration of the annual Main Street Strong Restaurant Conference. Hosting our first-ever in-person event in Los Angeles is an extension of our mission – as we hope that coming together in one of the most culturally-rich cities in the United States will empower restaurant owners and operators from a variety of backgrounds to come together and share their personal stories.
Hosted at the Capitol Milling Building (1231 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012), the one-day event on Monday, November 7 from 9:00am – 5:00pm PT is dedicated to fostering community, supporting restaurants in navigating today’s evolving business landscape, and ensuring operators have access to necessary resources to succeed online. All merchants in the United States are invited to attend, regardless of their partnership status with DoorDash or Caviar, while the programming will be tailored to the unique challenges that Los Angeles owners and operators face. There is no cost to attend (space is limited) and registration for the event is now open.
At the Main Street Summit, attendees can expect a customizable experience where they will hear from industry experts, connect with DoorDash support experts about their business, and have the opportunity to connect with fellow entrepreneurs. Each business has its own unique needs, which is reflected in the Main Street Summit’s programming with four distinct areas including:
- The Main Stage where industry leaders will share insights about hot topics in the restaurant industry through keynote sessions and operator roundtables.
- The DoorDash Master Class where DoorDash product experts will outline best practices to maximize our partnership and host step-by-step tutorials for DoorDash products and services.
- The Community Table where attendees will be able to converse with one another in an intimate setting, while sampling food and beverage options from local restaurateurs.
- The Solution Station where operators can speak one-on-one with DoorDash support experts to answer any questions in real time.
Under the spotlight on the Main Stage, attendees can expect to hear from DoorDash President and Chief Operating Officer Christopher Payne, in addition to our Chief Restaurant Advisor Pinky Cole. Below is a bite-sized preview of some of the insightful sessions:
- “What are LA Consumers Craving?” where we’ll explore consumers’ evolving behaviors in relation to the restaurant industry.
- “Spotlight on Restaurant Benefits: How to Attract and Retain Workers” where we’ll hear from restaurant operators about specific recruiting strategies plus ways to retain a happy workforce.
- “Building an Authentic Brand on Social Media” where we’ll discuss how having an online presence can personalize your guest experience, boost your brand’s recognition and sales, and more.
We encourage interested businesses to register as soon as possible, as space is limited. We look forward to hearing your story and meeting you in person in Los Angeles!